Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Micro CNC machine and 3d printer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro CNC machine and 3d printer

I was wondering if anyone have thought about a micro CNC machine. I want one to be able to grind off hard repairs and also for a data recovery iPhone chip off project.

Is there one out there that's low cost and can be done by hand manually. No need for automation. I was thinking something like a small drill press type thing that can be adjusted and locked in at a certain dept and can scroll left,right, up and down

We bought the CNC a long time ago and honestly it isn't that useful. I never used the automated programs and used digital calipers every time and entered the exact measurements manually. At times it was cool, but it is risky. If the thing is off balance by a tiny bit, or if the bit itself is not perfect then it will cut unevenly, or if the bit loosens during a cut it will chop right through the board. I did make a receiver board using it, but I still had to do a lot of it by hand. In reality, even though this thing is in the same room as me, the idea of measuring exactly and swapping out the board holder to be the right one, and the worry about it the bit is perfect all stacks together and I decide it is easier to just do iphone 6s pmic or whatever by hand. I did go to use it a few weeks ago to make a receiver board and the thing wouldn't turn on. Instead of troubleshooting I just took off CPU by hand and it went really well. In my hand, CNC is definitely not worth it.

3-D printer is cool. I want to get one for my son---he's in some technology class at school where they are exposed to it and I think I'd--uh, HE'd---really like it. But I have no idea which one is not crap.

Comment

Jessa_the_Professa anything from ultimaker

Comment

On the subject of 3D printing, does anyone have designs for tools that they may share or sell? I have a friend with a printer and if someone has designed something helpful or useful I’d be happy to pay for a premade design . I’m having a special tool holder made for me to hold screwdrivers and such and I’d like to get a design for flux syringe holder.
        when my tool holder is printed I’ll post pictures. It’s custom and I’m excited to try it!

Comment

I regret that I don’t recall the name of the subscriber that sent the flux holder years ago, but I do know that she made the plan public...somewhere. I’d also like to find it if we get a 3-D printer!

Comment

Working...
          X