Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Ipad mini 1st Gen no Backlight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipad mini 1st Gen no Backlight

I have an Ipad mini, that had a blown backlight filter L2200, I replaced it but still no backlight. Test to see if there is a good continuity between the components leading up to the Connector, all Good than I tested it the other way back to Diode D8228 and tested diode mode on the diode and got OL on one direction and 1.752 going the other way. Which is good and then continuity from diode on COil side L8225. I am getting 4.2 volts on WLED_LX side and 4.2v VCC_MAIN. I am only getting 4.2volts on the PPLED_OUT. It should be 25V. My guess is I am not getting 25 volts from the PMIC U8100.

What do you think? am I on the right track here and has anyone have had this very same symptom before on Ipad mini, this is my second. Thanks

Are you sure the diode is ok ?, 1.7 sounds high

Comment

Originally posted by crea2k View Post
      Are you sure the diode is ok ?, 1.7 sounds high
      I checked another and it measured 1.47. Changed it and back light is good now. Just learn something new to add into my data-bank brain on logic-board repair. To be hones it's the first time I have ever had to replace a Diode that didn't look toast. lol Thanks crea2k

Comment

No problem glad you got it sorted. Iv seen it several times on iPad minis and airs that have had diy screen replacements. The filter seems to take the majority of the power and fry but the residual current before it blows is enough to kill the diode too on occasions, so when fixing these il go - filter > line > diode
        as iv seen all of those three fry in the past.
        always a good feeling when it lights back up though once it's fixed, especially when the first thing hasn't fixed it !.

Comment

Normal diode on a mini is something very low--like 0.147 in one direction and OL in the other. Anything higher than that is bad diode. In mini original it is not uncommon for filter to blow "too late" and diode is already injured. When I used to do these a lot, if the filter was really really burned, they automatically got a new diode since the one there wouldn't last long.

Comment

Working...
          X