Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iphone 7 wont boot after chestnut replacement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone 7 wont boot after chestnut replacement.

I was working on an iPhone 7 board with no image and no back light, diagnosed that chestnut was the problem, since J4502 #5 connector was OL. so I replaced chestnut and diode mode reading was back to 1,300 more or less but when i prompt it to boot its just stuck on 0.07A. THe board has no prior repairs and is detected by itunes before when I changed chest nut, I remove chestnut just to be safe and tried to prompt to boot again but still stuck on 0.07A. Cant seem to figure out what has gone wrong since it was booting before.

I be checking the enable lines, power line and clock lines to see if they are getting everything inputs to work??

Comment

When you lifted chestnut were any balls bridges underneath? And when it was detected by iTunes was iTunes seeing it in normal mode or in recovery mode?

Comment

Also—what line out of chestnut was OL? You checked filters first before changing chestnut? was the PN 5v7 line? it was probably a troll—very high resistance can read as OL sometimes and other times just high—1.xxx. For the PN line flip the probes and take inverse diode mode reading and compare to normal

Comment

Check for nearby ics and on the other side of the board that are underfilled, it sounds like one shot out a ball to me.

Comment

My leading hypothesis here would be that this phone was always booting to DFU (that’s what a 70mA phone does) and a phone in DFU does not make an image. So there may never have been an image problem, and changing chestnut did not change the phone at all, it was a red herring because you measured 1.xx on your known good on the PN5v7 line and OL on the bad board—those two numbers are “close enough”.

Can you rule rule this out by confirming for us that the phone was detected initially in normal “please enter passcode” mode by iTunes?

Comment

You were right it was a troll. It was in dfu mode and there was nothing wrong with chestnut in the first place, my problem now is if restored it says invalid serial no on 3u tools.

Comment

What is the history and physical appearance of the phone?

Comment

Iv had that invalid serial number error before on 3utools, only for it to restore using iTunes just fine.

Comment

No physical damage. No history of repair.

Comment

Did you try restoring with iTunes ?, iv had :iTools give that error before and it then restore fine in iTunes.

Comment

Working...
                      X