Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

ipad mini 2 blue screen after charging port repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRITICAL
    DZ5710
    sm-201
    DSF01S30SC

i looking for shematic of ipad 5 may be there is the same parts

Comment

There is an orientation to the diode. you might have it installed backwards

Not sure if this is the right diode, but it's the same part number.
      https://ca.mouser.com/productdetail/...52byzSH2rKs%3D

Comment

i thinks if that but not easy to buy...

Comment

You can probably get a dead board on eBay for not too much, or possibly take off another device that is compatible.

Comment

Hey there--
            We can't understand the problem from your description---we need to all speak the same language.

1.) Digitalizer---the correct word is "digitizer"
            2.) "screen turns gray with loading icon" What is 'loading icon?" We don't know what this description means---you need to show a video.
            3.) "Blue screen" This is a VERY IMPORTANT term and requires specific usage. "Blue screen" means the screen flashes bright blue---a bright royal blue color as when a windows desktop has 'blue screen of death" This is different than the dark purple lcd appearance of what we call "backlight no image" Sometimes people call backlight no image 'blue screen' but that is wrong. We need you to show a video so we can know exactly what you are talking about.

4.) Figure out what NOSTUFF means on the schematic. I see you concerned about components that possibly got knocked off the board. What if I told you that some components are edited from the schematic and never placed on the board at all. How could you figure out if what you are looking at is a missing component or a component that was never there to begin with?

5.) The common fault here is iPad mini hall effect sensor problem from the digitizer itself or the digitizer connector getting damaged. When you boot the mini, long press the power button to see if that brings back normal image.

Comment

Also--I see you wasting a lot of time worried about this diode---let's think about that. WHAT could this diode possibly be doing for this line? What do you think the worse case scenario would be if it were simply missing? Look at the name of the line---is there any theory about what that line does? Would this missing diode make that line open, or short, or....just have a harder time keeping the signal cleanly "high" vs "low" And what would be the effect of this line suddenly going low or high by accident? What do you think this line does?

These are the kinds of questions I want you to start asking yourself when you find yourself really chasing a problem.

On a scale of 1 to 10---how important is it to chase down this diode in order to troubleshoot why this iPad isn't booting?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessa_the_Professa View Post
                Hey there--
                We can't understand the problem from your description---we need to all speak the same language.

1.) Digitalizer---the correct word is "digitizer"
                2.) "screen turns gray with loading icon" What is 'loading icon?" We don't know what this description means---you need to show a video.
                3.) "Blue screen" This is a VERY IMPORTANT term and requires specific usage. "Blue screen" means the screen flashes bright blue---a bright royal blue color as when a windows desktop has 'blue screen of death" This is different than the dark purple lcd appearance of what we call "backlight no image" Sometimes people call backlight no image 'blue screen' but that is wrong. We need you to show a video so we can know exactly what you are talking about.

4.) Figure out what NOSTUFF means on the schematic. I see you concerned about components that possibly got knocked off the board. What if I told you that some components are edited from the schematic and never placed on the board at all. How could you figure out if what you are looking at is a missing component or a component that was never there to begin with?

5.) The common fault here is iPad mini hall effect sensor problem from the digitizer itself or the digitizer connector getting damaged. When you boot the mini, long press the power button to see if that brings back normal image.
                i know language is very important but i really bad in English so i make the possible ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jessa_the_Professa View Post
                  Also--I see you wasting a lot of time worried about this diode---let's think about that. WHAT could this diode possibly be doing for this line? What do you think the worse case scenario would be if it were simply missing? Look at the name of the line---is there any theory about what that line does? Would this missing diode make that line open, or short, or....just have a harder time keeping the signal cleanly "high" vs "low" And what would be the effect of this line suddenly going low or high by accident? What do you think this line does?

These are the kinds of questions I want you to start asking yourself when you find yourself really chasing a problem.

On a scale of 1 to 10---how important is it to chase down this diode in order to troubleshoot why this iPad isn't booting?
                  i just see your message
                  i sent the ipad mini to another repair guy ,
                  that was not only the diode the trouble but the entire ligne was burn he need the place a jumper and replace the diode
                  but i really dont know what the line do

Comment

That line is conn_det_L (connection detect LOW) . It splits to the accessory detect line and the ts detect (not sure what ts is), but it does to tristar. I'd hazard a guess and say it was to do with detecting if you have the charge cable plugged in. I know acc det is one line, that's the accessory detect line, not sure what ts is but it goes to tristar.

Comment

That diode is not important. It may offer esd protection and keep the signal clean, but iPad will work without it. It was not part of your problem. I don't know what jumper you are talking about. If you show us the work that was done, we can help you interpret it.

Comment

Working...
                      X