Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

ipad mini 2 blue screen after charging port repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipad mini 2 blue screen after charging port repair

i got a ipad mini with broken charging port
    i remplace it and ipad seem to charge but
    its open on loading screen we seee the unlock screen for some second and screen turn black with loading icon
    if we hold power and home button scrren turn blue and ipad restart.
    i removed the new charging port and same things happen

any suggestion will be apreciate

Hi,
    did you used hot air or an iron to remove the port?

Comment

two of them, put new solder with iron and finish with hot air

Comment

When you hold down the power button and it brings the screen back does the touchscreen work ?. This sounds like when you get a bad digitiser without the smart case unlock or badly soldered home button etc. I'd try another digitiser just to rule that out as causing the problem as the flex is easily damaged,

Comment

• Sly
          Sly commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never seen a bad digi cause blue screen in the lcd, but theres alote of horrible parts out there

If it still causes blue screen after you removed the port and use akown good battery, I would say the unplesante truth of looking at what you could of messed up with the hot air since it is the most likely culperate at the moment.

Comment

• Sly
          Sly commented
          Editing a comment
          ...and make sure your lcd is good

i try with other digitalizer , same trouble , no digi i see apple logo for some second and sreen turn black , i will check tomorrow if it is in recovery...
        on ipad mini 2 dock flex is solder behind the board, there no other part near of

Comment

There's components on the other side of the board also.
          does the screen turns blue or black?
          Last edited by Sly; 02-03-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

with digitalizer
            take 2 minutes to boot ,we see unlock screen a second , screen turn grey with loading icon. when we press power and home button screen turn blue and ipad restart

without digi after ten second screen turn black, need to remove the battery to start again

Comment

that not the first i done this week with the same technique, all other work very well

Comment

I did not mean to imply that you can't do the job well.

If the iPad was working fine with all of the parts your using now before you did the port replacement, and after the replacement you now have that issue with all the same parts you started with. The only new variables are the application of heat on the board.

But never mind that for a minute and let's start over examining this problem from the beginning .

First,
                Was the iPad turning on when you got it, or was the battery drained?
                Was it charging, not charging, partially charging?

We need to eliminate as many variables as possible.

Comment

Charge when we place the cable in good direction, i charge it and make it open before i change the dock

Comment

shit dz5710 was missing and r5790, i try to replace but not sure for dz5710 its make its jobi still have the same trouble
                    but youre rigth some compoment blow off ..

Comment

Can you send us a picture?

Maybe lower your temperature of your hot air a bit next time you do the job. The heat can quickly traverse one side of the board to the other.

The whole job can actually be done with just the iron. I usually mix the old solder with our solder with the iron. With a big tip iron that is has much thermal mass you can actually remove the port without using hot air at all. You have to be a little more careful about pulling pads with the iron since the solder can harden up has your pulling the connector if your not careful, but the plus side is you dont have to worry about messing something with hot air that might be difficult to pin point after the fact.
                      Last edited by Sly; 02-03-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

there is as you can see the dz55710 some parts broke when a put it in place, but i did nt find any other replament part ...

Comment

What are the specs of the of it?

Comment

Working...
                          X