Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6s No Power.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6s No Power.

I have an iPhone 6s, No proir Repair, No drop,no water damage. It came in as no image and no backlight, so I fixed the C4202 short, no more short on the pp5v7-lcm-avddh line, but when i tried to boot it wont boot, DCPS is on a loop form .10A back to .01 then back to .10A. Im thinking maybe PMIC fault?

It not detected on iTunes in DFU mode.

Comment

Iv seen bad backlight driver and lcd driver before also as part of this repair, iv also seen more than one cap shorted (second cap not a full short to ground, only partial). Id do a diode mode check on the lcd connector, as that'll give you a better idea if the problem relating to image is totally resolved as could be why its not booting that there is still a problem on the image circuit causing it not to boot.
      Last edited by crea2k; 01-14-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

iPhone 6s PMIC does not fail unless it has a physical crack, even then it would be short not simply non-functional. This phone had to have had a drop otherwise it would not have gotten 5v7 cap damage.
        Does the phone sit at 0.00A unless prompted to boot?

Comment

Yes it sits on 0.00A, when prompt to boot it loops on .10A-0-.10A

Comment

Originally posted by crea2k View Post
            Iv seen bad backlight driver and lcd driver before also as part of this repair, iv also seen more than one cap shorted (second cap not a full short to ground, only partial). Id do a diode mode check on the lcd connector, as that'll give you a better idea if the problem relating to image is totally resolved as could be why its not booting that there is still a problem on the image circuit causing it not to boot.
            Already done diode mode on connectors. all are close enough to zxw. I'm also tempted to change chestnut, but from my knowledge I assumed if you have bad chestnut "no backlight and no image" is the problem it wont cause the iPhone 6s not to boot, Am I wrong?

Comment

If the data lines from chestnut to cpu
              are screwed up that could cause it not to boot

Comment

Was it booting before you worked on C4202 area?

Comment

Any phone should be able to be put in recovery mode by connecting power and prompting to boot with usb and home button held down. If yours does not do that, I would ask first "is this a new problem" or was it booting before you worked on it for no image? If this is a new problem think of how it could be related the work you did---did you remove shields? If so, look for signs of heat or tiny crack at vibrator motor driver etc. The DCPS signature sounds like a fault on the i2c1 line---which goes under tigris. If it also can't be detected by iTunes then I'd consider that this could be charger damage and change tristar and tigris. It is rare for a phone to have more than one fault, so I'd reconsider the image line fault---is it possible that this phone was always charger damage and that you may have mis-measured the 5v7 line short?

FIguring out if this is a new problem or if it was always like this is a good clue to follow. If you are sure it booted to iTunes before you worked on it, then it must be something related to your work. If not, then you have more possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                  X