Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Iphone 6 Plus Touch ID issue after water damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 6 Plus Touch ID issue after water damage

Hi,

I've cleaned all the phone, connector, board and everything is running correctly but touch id
    I'am just getting into board repair so I looked a lot of videos but I would like to know which things to test first with my multimeter and how.
    I dont know is the issue come form the home button itself or around the logic board connector or IC.

Thank you for your help.

Where was the water on this board? Check the schematics for the word “Mesa” this is the fingerprint sensor chip. You’ll find Mesa power system on the logic board and it’s related components. Then compare their locations to where the water was on this board. If you have a match it might be a board level problem. If it doesn’t match and the Mesa components and connector on the board look fine, then it is likely the button itself. Of course don’t forget rule #1 and try out a new screen first. It could be damage to the long flex connecting button to the board.

Comment

Has the home button itself taken any damage too ?, id inspect the connector on the home button and check you dont have any corroded pads, as iv seen a phone loose touch id before only for it to be a corroded pad to pin problem on the home button connector on the button itself.

Comment

i've not removed the shield but the only place where I saw something was next to the J2118 connector and the U2100 chip. That was like white salt. I cleaned it with isopropyl and they look fine now + there was some black glue over them to protect them I guess. For the home button itself I haven't opened it because i'am afraided to break it. May I test the board/button flex without opening it with just the multimeter ?
        I join a screenshot of where i saw the salt.

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
          Jessa_the_Professa commented
          Editing a comment
          Respond to the advice I already gave you on this. Copied from above:
          Check the schematics for the word “Mesa” --This is the fingerprint sensor chip. You’ll find Mesa power system on the logic board and it’s related components. Then compare their locations to where the water was on this board.

Question: Do you have a match between where the water was on this board, and the Mesa fingerprint sensor system on the board? Yes or no.

Jessa_the_Professa , for the new screen, i just received it without the plate with the long flex cable. may It be useful by just replacing it with the new screen with the same plate ?
        Last edited by yauuik; 01-13-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
          Jessa_the_Professa commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you think?
          Pick one:

A--I should reuse parts from a water damaged phone that are involved with the very function that is not working.
          B--I should get new parts for any water damaged function of the phone that I can to rule out parts problems.

I don't mean take the button itself to bits, I just mean disconnect it and check the plug on it has good contacts.

Comment

Working...
        X