Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Iphone 6 Plus Touch ID issue after water damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there 1.8v @ fl2133 ?

Comment

Yes, FL2133 output 1.8v.
      But if I mesure J2118(pin 17,18), C2116 on the line MESA_TO_BOOST_EN, there is no voltage. This line come from U1503

Comment

Have you checked r2166 ?. By the way it's not an output of u1503 it's an input.

Comment

To be honest I'd have pulled and replaced the chip by now as it's a 5 min job max to swap out. Soon rule it out then. Il tend to swap out the simple stuff first, then ask questions if it still doesn't work as spending an age testing is counter productive.

im going to hazard a guess and say u2100 supplies the constant voltage to the fingerprint scanner itself and checks to see if there is a finger on the button. Then when you go to scan your finger the enable line is sent back down pin 17/18 to enable the boost chip u1503 which then feeds the 16.5v line to the fingerprint scanner to do the actual scanning.

so you've either got a bad home button flex somewhere (check where it goes into the button under a microscope. Or bad u1503 or line going to it or inline component to it.

Thsts how I presume it works as you wouldn't have 16.5v going to the button constantly or you'd have a flat battery in no time.

Comment

Working...
          X