Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No iCloud Lock Discussion

There is no legitimate, feasible, solution for iCloud lock. We believe that iCloud lock is a GOOD THING overall and reduces theft. Any posts asking about circumventing iCloud lock will be deleted.
2 of 2 < >

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Iphone 6 severe water damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 6 severe water damage

iPhone 6 salt water damaged severely, corrosion everywhere and I had this thing now over 3 months for data recovery from another shop. My brain is kind of exhausted and so I am posting because maybe someone will chime in and spark something I over looked, Plus the Ipad Rehab Forum is Awesome!... I am super close to achieving path to data. What I did so far:

- replace tristar
    - replaced Tigris
    - replace PMIC
    - replace the gate Q1403
    - replace chestnut
    - removed U_QPOET
    - removed Audio IC U0900
    - removed the entire backlight circuit
    - took off a bunch of caps on VCC_MAIN when hunting down shorts which took forever to find.

Current state after all the work done. Yeah! got Boot to Itunes detect prompts to unlock screen. The only problem now is I have no Image. Dont care about backlight, just need image and flashlight.
    I checked the connectors for continuity from pin connector to under Chestnut solder ball pads when I lifted it and they checked out good. Rectified PN5V7_LCM_AVDDN_CONN for low diode reading value, The diode reading was low at 0.498 and normal is at OL but in reverse probe, it reads 0.629 which is normal now after replacing chestnut. I was pretty sure I was done, but still no image.

What do you think?

It's hacky but in the past I have just taken a cheap screen protector (anything plastic would do) and put it on another device, booted to initial passcode screen and traced the numbers with marker on to the screen protector. Then also mark the location and order of the relevant no sim, no touch id, low battery etc. pop ups, as well as the Trust pop up. I guess noting if this happens in a specific order would help too, but I didn't at the time. Then you can enter passcode and trust with no image, assuming touch is ok. Put it in a housing with speaker so you can potentially hear the passcode clicks if the user didn't turn them off. Obviously care and non repeating this to the point of locking the device is important but maybe worth a shot if you think it's feasible in your particular scenario?

Comment

So no image on a salt water phone.
      Does diode mode in the lcd connector show anything off on any of the lines?

Comment

• tinker_techguy
        tinker_techguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. That's how I found issue on PN5V7_LCM_AVDDN and change chestnut brought it back to normal. I left out that I also changed Meson, during search for VCC _MAIN.

Could Cumulus cause no image? I haven't lifted it yet but with all the shit under the other IC's I've changed I wouldn't be surprised if it's hacked up too. But if I don't have to I don't want to.

I had low hope on this one and mazed myself I got this far. Almost there!!! Help. Lol

We had a no image 5c that had what we thought was a minor diode mode difference on a chestnut line that we overlooked—bringing that line back up to normal solved it.

Comment

I might take meson off until you get image back.
        i feel like there are some important resistors around cumulus for image—we know the one by meson causes lines. I feel like I chased image under cumulus before. Something with the 5v1 line. We have been trolled more than once on a phone like this with a tiny resistor near cumulus and the bracket—must be there for image.

Ive also been trolled once on one like this by accidentally removing chestnuts nut thinking it was a main cap.

Comment

• tinker_techguy
          tinker_techguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey! I got image back!! I didn’t remove Meson, I was double checking the connector area and and found some little dudes loose as I was clearing the underfill to check. They was on one side but the other side was like loose tooth. 3 of them was needed for image. Weird that diode reading was reading correct with them loose like that.

So now I have no touch with Minecraft like vertical lines up and down the screen. I’ve seen this before. I think I’m going to have to lift cumulus and check for any loose resistors and little dudes around Meson.

Update you soon!
          Last edited by tinker_techguy; 01-09-2018, 04:59 AM.

Okay so I lifted Cumulus, left it off and boot it up to see what it would do. It boots up to same issue with the verticals lines and of course there is no touch without cumulus but I just wanted to see if those lines would go away.

What do you think?

Comment

Iv seen lines and blocks like that with bad / bridged balls on touch ics before, used to see it on the 5c too.

Comment

I'd just check the image chokes too, im not exactly sure if they would give a problem like this if one of them wasn't soldered right, my money is on a touch ic though

Comment

Working...
            X